QUICK WAYS TO DE-PUFF FACE
Have you ever eaten a very yummy, but a veeery salty and spicy BBQ chicken before bed? Or cried for two hours because your bae had really disappointed you?
Everyone who used to sleep less than 6 hours, drink too much water or alcohol, cry or eat something salty or spicy in the evening knows their puffy-eyes-and-face morning image very well.
Why does puffiness appear? How to diminish it quickly? And what can you do to avoid it in the future? Read the article and discover!
Why Does Puffiness Appear?
The key reason of puffiness is water retention. Even if you are completely healthy, puffiness may appear because of:
· continuous stress,
· lack of sleep,
· salty or spicy food,
· alcohol or water retention,
What You Shouldn’t Do to Fight It
Someone may advise you to take a urinative pill to quickly rid of excess water. Remember that these pills are not just vitamins. They have side effects, like elimination of calcium, potassium and magnesium, which can increase the burden on heart-vascular and renal systems. In a word, urinative pills can be more harmful than healthsome.
Also, there’s no need to put eye pads on as soon as you wake up. They won’t absorb excess water from your face and eye area. Save them for later.
How to Diminish Puffiness
1. Drink herbal or green tea, e.g. with pimentary. It will accelerate the elimination of excess water and won’t harm your body.
2. Do face massage to speed up microcirculation. Use the face massager or the tool for Guasha. If you don’t have any tools, massage the face with your hands.
a. Put the tool in the fridge for 15–20 min.
b. If you don’t want to damage the skin, do not massage it until the special oil or cream will be applied. E.g., use OK Beauty’s Prep & Care Face Oil with Rosehip Oil and Vegetable Squalene to soothe the skin while massaging it.
c. Massage the skin with gentle smoothing movements. Move upwards along the jawline, cheekbones, around the eyes and on the forehead up to the hairline.
d. Repeat 4–5 times.
3. Take a contrast shower. Change of temperature will accelerate blood flow and lymph circulation.
4. Apply a revitalizing skincare formula with a dense texture. Try our Hydrating & Balancing Extra-Revivng Mask with Seaweed, Green Tea, Flaxseed and Aloe extracts which effectively neutralizes redness and puffiness and makes skin noticeably more even.
5. After all these manipulations, put eye pads on or apply your eye area product to neutralize remaining puffiness.
How to Avoid Puffiness
Forget about unexpected puffiness and sleep creases following these tips.
1. Do not drink alcohol and do not eat fat, salty, spicy and sweet food 3–4 hours before sleep.
2. Do not go to bed immediately after crying. Go outside or open the window to let some air in the room. Wash your face with cold water and drink green tea with mint or pimentary to calm down. It will help to eliminate excess water that can later become swelling.
3. Try to sleep as much as your body tells you, whether it be 6 or 10 hours a day. Lack of sleep can cause puffiness, dark circles, skin laxity, redness, and much more problems.
Follow our tips and wake up to see fresh, beautiful face every morning. Discover more skincare products for bright, smooth and supple skin without puffiness or redness in our catalog.
We hope you find the beauty tips useful. Take care of your skin!